Sunday, November 14, 2010
Mr. Racquetball
So I'm in racquetball and the majority of our class are males. Personally, every time I walk into the seating area by the courts I am extremely intimidated and uncomfortable. Intimidated-because I'm a pitiful, weak little mouse girl compared to the big, burley strong Ratigan men (just picture me curled up in the back corner having racquetballs pounded at my face). Uncomfortable-any situation when I'm outnumbered by the opposite sex scares me to death, most of the time. Like today on the elevator when some boys were just trying to joke with me and be nice I just got all stiff and could only smile as I felt my face getting warmer and warmer. Actually, I think I limited myself to only a few words because I was afraid I would blurt out too many quirky comments that only made sense in my head...leading to embarrassment and later regret. Back to the story...Every class I hope and pray I won't be paired with a guy to play with so I can instead be put with one of the other 4 girls, wishful thinking on my part. Of course I'm always with a boy, of course! Well this time I was with Bill*(name change for poor memory on my part), Bill was beating me pretty bad but I knew it was coming. I just tried to joke with him about it. Oh! And another thing, boys can be so uptight! Everytime I'm put with a boy I try to make him laugh with me about how bad I am but it RARELY works! For instance, I have used these lines multiple times..."Good game. Haha. Not." "I knew you had a really rough last game so I'm gonna take it easy on you" "I'm still losing, right? I just wanted to check." "I think you're getting worse just playing with me." ....Ain't got nothin. So Bill was no different in this situation. He would just stare at me and say the score. I suppose he was thinking, "why is she being so difficult? Let's get the bloody killing over with already..." So we were about half way through the game when Bill sent the ball my way and I hit it and it was legal (it hit the wall) and as the ball made its way back to him so he could return it, he just caught it in his hand (which is not legal). He proceeded to step up to the service box as though it was his point. I was completely aware that he was trying to score off me and decided to call him out on it by playing dumb "Wait, what just happened there?" Bill stared at me blankly like I had just caught him in the act of a crime. He stuttered and stammered over his words "duhdhahduhfuhduahh oh. I guess it's your point" Yeah. I GUESS SO. I might suck at racquetball but I'm not played a fool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment