Wednesday, August 18, 2010

the fall : the downsides of concrete

This is already too much fun. There have already been multiple occurrences on campus that I want to blog about. I thought it might be difficult to stumble upon instances that would be interesting enough to create a story around, but "it was very easy!" (As the disney princess says)...So don't thank me for these short stories, thank fate.

"Cool" Scooter Girl

In a sea of walking college students on the first day of classes, there she was, the "cool" scooter girl. Riding along, one foot on, one foot off, "cool" scooter girl makes her way through the crowd. With her anklet, hipster shades, untamed hair, and thoughtfully placed book bag buttons, one might think she was creating a movement of people like herself. Not to assume the "cool" scooter girl is conceited, but this is how her persona was perceived by the spectator. You might wonder why I call her "cool" but wonder no longer. As the wheels of her scooter rolled over the the brick walkways, she casually looked around observing the campus scenery and brick buildings. To her surprise and mine, "cool" scooter girl's wheel caught some uneven pavement throwing her off her scooter onto the concrete. Kursplat! This was no intended fall, this was the all or nothing pancake fall. "Cool" scooter girl laid there (unhurt) for a few seconds thinking (I'm sure) to herself "I'm such a dummy and am never riding this damn scooter again." Excuse my language, but this is what I perhaps might think if I was her. I was too far behind no longer "cool" scooter girl to run up to her to check for bruises and broken bones. I was also unsure how comfortable she would feel around strangers after losing her reputation as "cool" scooter girl. So if you were perhaps wondering, I had pretty good first day of classes. Scooter girl on the other hand might have a different answer to that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment