Tuesday, July 6, 2010

something to ponder

Today I saw Eclipse with Jessica and Jenna. It was pretty good, I'm not a die hard Twilight fan but sure, I'll go see them. I never read the books so I never really know what to look forward to. I've never been much of a reader, even the good stuff, I can put down any book easy. Harry Potter...you name it. All those books Jessica rants and raves over...nope. Sorry I'll never get to them. What is very ironic though is that I will read for an assignment. I am very diligent in that area but for some reason, reading for pleasure is not on my list of hobbies.

Speaking of Kristen Stewart (aka Twilight girl) I was flipping through some of my old magazines and I stumbled upon an article/photo shoot about her. I read it and I'm really glad I did! Before I thought she was just a terrible actress who is just awkward in real life and who has no confidence. The article was great because it talked about how she is just so apathetic towards the paparazzi and the whole fame/hollywood scene! And I totally love that! She is so passionate about acting too that I'm sure she would still act even if she didn't get the publicity. She doesn't see herself differently because she is well known..."I'm going to dress like a normal person." That is so inspiring because we so often think we are being watched by others when we aren't. While we are constantly thinking about ourselves, we often don't even cross the mind of others. Who are we really instead of who have people made us? I wonder who I am sometimes...I have a pretty good theory though-If I was to live on a dessert island by myself for about a month and was able to design my own little house to live in and what kind of music I would want to listen to etc...what would I bring? what would really satisfy?

1 comment:

  1. If you lived on a dessert Island, I would imagine a gingerbread house would be the first thing that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete